Charleston, South Carolina is one of the oldest cities in the nation and the oldest city in South Carolina and the Charleston Area Convention Center (CACC) is located in the heart of North Charleston. The CACC opened its doors in August, 1999 and offers almost 77,000 square feet of exhibition space, spread amongst three different halls. Each hall offers concessions, restrooms, pre-function access, and loading docks. The CACC also offers ballroom, meeting rooms, and connects to the Performing Art Center, as well as the North Charleston Coliseum and the Embassy Suites Hotel.
The Performing Arts Center offers over 2,300 seats, while the Coliseum offers 30,000 square feet, which includes seating capacity for over 14,000 and enough exhibit space for 188 8×10 booths. The CACC itself, offers 37,000 square feet of pre-function space, almost 25,000 square feet of ballrooms, and 14 rooms that make up nearly 12,800 square feet of meeting space. There are over 3,000 parking places surrounding the convention center, and concessions are provided by Centerplate, no matter what facility you’ll be using for your event.
In recent years, the CACC has been taking steps to make the convention center “green.” These steps include:
- Recycling cardboard, newspaper, white paper, plastics, glass, metal, wood pallets, batteries, ink cartridges, e-waste, and cooking grease
- Turning landscape trimmings to mulch
- Saving energy bu installing motion sensors in bathrooms, meeting rooms, and offices; using LED exit signs, compact fluorescents, T-8 fluorescents, and electronic ballasts; updating to energy-efficient chillers and variable frequency drives; and using natural light throughout pre-function areas
- Using electric or compressed natural gas in vehicles and cleaning equipment
- Leftover food supplies are donated to the local food bank
- Getting staff involved with Adopt-a-Highway, Palmetto Pride, and other anti-litter groups and more!
If you’re planning to exhibit at the Charleston Area Convention Center and are in need of a audio visual or other technology rentals, visit ConventionVendor.com or call 1-800-736-8772.
*Rentacomputer.com and Convention Vendor are not affiliated with or in any way authorized by the Charleston Area Convention Center. Rentacomputer.com is an independent nationwide technology rental provider and this page in no way implies exclusivity of service to the The Charleston Area Convention Center.
Looking for a Audio Visual Rental for your next big event? Then call 800-736-8772 today.