Semicon West is about to kick off its 42nd annual event, Semicon West 2012. Semicon West is the flagship annual event for the global microelectronics industry and is the premiere event for the display of new products and technologies for microelectronics design and manufacturing. The show features technologies from across the microelectronics supply chain, including things like electronic design automation and device fabrication to final manufacturing.
In addition to that, Semicon West is the showcase for emerging markets and technologies born from the microelectronics industry, including micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), photovoltaics (PV), flexible electronics and displays, nano-electronics, solid state lighting (LEDs) and related technologies.
Semicon West serves major technologies in the microelectronics industry including: semiconductors, photovoltaics/solar, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), LEDs/solid state lighting and printed/flexible electronics. Semicon West also has many technology/product segments, including:
- Device Fabrication/Wafer Processing Equipment and Materials
- Deposition (CVD, PVD, ALD)
- Ion implant
- Masks/reticles and mask-making equipment
- Chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) equipment and materials
- Silicon and non-silicon based wafers and substrates
- Process chemicals and gases
- Chemical handling systems
- Vacuum systems, components, and parts
- Robotic systems and components
- Valves, actuators, gear systems, and other components
- Factory automation systems, software, and components
- Assembly and packaging equipment and materials
- Wire bonding
- Bump/flip chip/wafer-level packaging
- Automated semiconductor test equipment (ATE)
- Test handlers
- Probe cards and test materials
This year’s featured event is the SIA/SEMI Industry Innovation Policy Dialogue. According to Semicon West’s webpage, “Research and policy initiatives by government and academia have long been drivers of growth and direction in the semiconductor community. Join the panel discussion to explore policy support to lift emerging technologies.” The panel will explore the future of semiconductor and microelectronic research, as well as the necessary policies needed to get there.
Semicon West 2012 will be taking place from Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 to Thursday, July 12th, 2012 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California.