The 2015 Global Mobile Internet Conference is heading back to Silicon Valley, according to event organizers. The Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC), for those not familiar, is an event that aims to connect people and companies that innovate the mobile industry for a conference that explores the changing landscape of mobile technology.
Being that this is a global event, attendees can expect executives from companies all over the world. If previous events are any inclination, it is expected that companies from dozens of different countries will be in attendance at this year’s event, which takes place from September 28th through September 30th.
The 2015 event marks the fourth consecutive year of GMIC and in that short time, the event has created quite the reputation. Global Mobile Internet Conference is one of the only US conferences that highlights the impact of Asia on the mobile industry, an industry that is advancing at a rapid pace.
According to event organizers, this year’s conference will include new conference tracks that focus on emerging mobile technologies as well as a startup competition that will showcase high-potential mobile startups to an international investor community. This is a huge opportunity for startups that would otherwise not be able to meet these kinds of investors.
There are a ton of speakers set to present at this year’s event from programs that include:
- Thought Leader
- Big Data
- IoT & Wearables
- Mobile Security & Enterprise
- Mobile Marketing & Growth
- Disrupting Diversity in Tech Summit
- Global Games Summit
- Global Robotics Summit
Notable speakers include AltSchool Founder and CEO Max Ventilla, Poshmark Founder and CEO Manish Chandra, App Annie SVP of Research and Analysis Danielle Levitas and GGV Capital Managing Partner Jenny Lee.
Interested in the G-Startup competition? Like I mentioned earlier, the G-Startup competition is the global platform for innovative mobile internet start-ups as well as the leading launch pad that connects them to a wide range of international investors, allowing them to see growth and success on a global scale. And the prizes are pretty awesome too.
Top 20 Applicants
- Two complimentary Gold conference passes ($999 value USD)
- One complimentary demo booth on the Expo floor ($1,500 value USD)
- Connect with leading VCs, seasoned entrepreneurs and industry peers
- Company name and product logo listed on G-Startup webpage
- PR and Promotion: Through regular newsletters to thousands of industry stakeholders and investors, and social media outreach
Top 10 Finalists
- All the benefits from Top 20 plus:
- Pitch and demo on stage in competition semi-finals
- Participate in Pitch Camp training and receive 1:1 mentorship by leading venture capitalists and investors
Top 3 Finalists
- Everything above plus:
- Participate in final pitch on Thought Leader stage
- GMIC Grand Prize
- Special Award from Sponsor
- Demo Booth at GMIC Beijing 2016 ($1,500 value USD)
- Two complimentary Gold conference passes to attend GMIC Beijing 2016 ($1,500 value USD)
- Round trip airfare (up to $1,200 USD) to Beijing and 3 nights hotel accommodation to attend GMIC Beijing 2016 for one representative from your company
- $1,000 worth of credits each month for 12 months for any SoftLayer server or service for Top 20 Finalists
- $2,000 worth of credits each month for 12 months for any SoftLayer server or service for Top 3 Finalists
- $10,000 worth of credits each month for 12 months for any SoftLayer server or service for Grand Prize Winner
Visit the event’s website to register today. Early registration has already expired, but you can still get Expo Plus Passes for $69, Main Conference Passes for $499 or VIP All Access Passes for $1,499.
The event takes place September 29th through September 30th at they Hyatt Regency in San Francisco, California. Other cities where this event can be found include Beijing, New York, Tokyo, Jakarta, Bangalore, São Paulo and Taipei.
Sharing this story on social media? Use these hashtags! #GMIC2015 #SiliconValley #GlobalMobileInternetConference