From planning your booth to following up on leads, exhibiting at a trade show can be a lengthy process, but it’s well worth the effort. In just a few short days, you’ll meet as many customers as you would normally meet in about a year, and for the most part, the people you meet at trade shows are there because they are looking to purchase products and services just like yours. Here are a few quick tips that will help you make the most of your trade show experience.
1. Be sure the show where you want to exhibit will help you reach your target audience. There’s nothing worse than finding out you’ve wasted your time when it’s too late.
2. Also, be sure the show where you want to exhibit offers top-notch marketing tools. You’ll want to be sure these will not cost you tons of extra money or are included in your exhibit package.
3. Make sure the employees you plan to have running your booth are properly trained and know how to properly handle any situation that could arise. You can’t be everywhere at once when you are being overwhelmed with customers and potential customers.
4. Establish a schedule for your team. Make sure everyone has a break scheduled and has time to walk around and check out your competition. This way, you’ll ensure your employees don’t get tired and your booth is always being managed.
5. Make sure any type of graphics or displays you have associated with your booth are easily read or seen by anyone who walks by. One great way to display images and text is to use a plasma rental or a projector rental. This type of technology will make your booth stand out against the others, and rentals are easily obtained through rental firms such as Rentacomputer.com.
6. Make sure you write down or record any leads you make during the show. The one you forget could be the one that was destined to be your biggest customer ever!
7. Never pack up your booth until the show has ended. You never know when that last potential customer will come by.
8. After the show, make sure you put together a database with all of your new leads.
9. Follow up with every single new lead within a few days of the end of the show. This shows potential customers that you are serious about providing them with the services and products they need.
10. Reflect over the trade show, maybe hold a meeting with all employees who were involved. Talk about what worked well at the show and decide what could be improved for future shows you plan to attend.
Looking for a Audio Visual Rental for your next big event? Then call 800-736-8772 today.